Each client circumstance is unique. Each client has their own individual goals, risk tolerance and time horizons. We design customized portfolios that properly balance the client’s needs based on security, growth and/or income. Then continuously monitor the portfolio’s performance against those objectives as well as the broader universe of investments.
- Devise an investment strategy consistent with the client’s objectives and risk tolerance
- Design a strategic portfolio allocation to meet those objectives using asset and sector classes believed to be in long term up trends.
- Select investment vehicles to execute the strategy. These may include mutual funds, exchange traded funds, selected separate account managers as well as individual securities.
- Tactically manage the portfolio to remain faithful to it’s objectives using a combination fundamental and cyclical analysis methods and technical and trend analysis techniques to control risk and adapt the portfolio to changing market conditions.
- Track performance (net of fees) against a selection of benchmarks to measure effectiveness.
- Review portfolios in order to make adjustments to changes in the investment environment and/or changes in client objectives.
The vast array of investment choices available can be staggeringly confusing. Selecting a portfolio of stocks, bonds and mutual funds and holding on for the long term may not be as advantageous as it used to be. By the same token, the vast universe of choices giving the individual investor access to investment tools that in the past were available only to the largest institutions may help protect investment portfolios from today’s extreme market volatility.